Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Take these sunken eyes and learn to see.....

I failed her.  I did. I fully accept that, as painful and as hard as that is.  But I failed her.  I did not step in soon enough.  And when I did, I did not do enough.

So now, little Pirate (Pirata) has died.  She spent her last time on earth in our courtyard...she had had a bit to drink and a tiny bit to eat...but she was breathing laboriously.  Painfully thin.  We tried...but we failed her.  And NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS..so….please don't say it...that is the way it will be.  I don't want platitudes.  I failed this little life...that came to me for help.

Now we have a veterinarian.  He is, in the modern parlance..."woke."...My husaband went down to pay him for his services tonight, since he refused at the time....and they wound up talking for over an hour.  The vet is a good guy.  He advised us not to say a word about "the plan" to anyone....because the regular Italian people don't have the money to neuter their pets.....so we would wind up with a dozen cats at our door.

Also....he understands about fascism....climate change....he is concerned about "the children"....we will work together to stop the unwanted baby kittens.  Shhhhhhhh!!!!

As sad as I am about my baby Pirate....I was able to grab Scruff and get drops into his/her eyes....he was not happy.....not happy....not.   Took off like a bat out of hell when I let him go.....I cleaned out a whole bunch of gunk and got two good doses of drops in each eye.   He disappeared for about five minutes and then came back to eat some more....and I made sure I pet him again.

I'm so sorry, little Pirata……..you were dealt a mortal blow soon after your birth....and I did not help you soon enough.....I am so sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment