Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2022

It's a new day, it's a new dawn

 Yeah, I know my posts have been a downer lately.  My life has been a downer for just about over a year now.  

However, I believe the tide is changing.

I have started to feel better....more...."normal."  

I have had less pain, and when I do have pain, it passes more quickly.

I have reintroduced vegetables into my diet and all is fine.  I have been getting out and about a bit more, although I am still very weak.

Tonight I made a freaking wonderful pasta casserole with chicken sausage and mozzarella, and my own homemade spaghetti sauce.  It was fantastic.  

This week, in the US, on Thursday, it will be "Thanksgiving."  We obviously don't do it like we used to.  First of all, it's just another day here in Italy.  But, it is also just the two of us and neither one of us is up to conjuring up a huge meal and tons of leftovers and what for?  It's just the two of us!

So, I will make chicken cutlets....breaded.  I will make gravy (I have McCormick mixes), mashed potatoes (something surprisingly available in Italy, even instant....and quite good!) and some green vegetable.  I will also make biscuits from scratch (something I am quite used to doing) because no one in Italy has ever heard of a biscuit.  

What they do have, however, is a box mix for freaking lava cake, and that will be our dessert.  

Now that I am feeling better (finally!) I am actually looking forward to this!

So, Happy Thanksgiving, America and all my American friends and relatives!!!!  Things are looking ever so slightly "up!"  Keep the faith!  Have a wonderful holiday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment